wont start fuel pump?

buba

Reaction score
wont start. have tryed everyr thing , reset for security sys, new pump, new ignition new relay, new crank sensor , new oil press switch , it cranks , it primes, it runs on ether but it wont pump gas to the injectors during crank .

zora

Staff member
Reaction score
Have you done a fuel pressure test or any other testing ?
Is the security light on?

buba

Reaction score
Have you done a fuel pressure test or any other testing ?
Is the security light on?
sec light never stays on but just a few sec, h
ave fuel lots of pressure, pump comes on at first for priming , not sure how to test the main computer iv folowed every lead down i could , im just missing something ,

buba

Reaction score
sec light never stays on but just a few sec, h
ave fuel lots of pressure, pump comes on at first for priming , not sure how to test the main computer iv folowed every lead down i could , im just missing something ,
but i did the security reset procedure 4 or 5 times .

zora

Staff member
Reaction score
Have you scanned for codes?
Have you tested the injectors for pulsing?
It sounds like you never tested fuel pressure?
What year and engine?

Last edited:
G

G-6519

Have you scanned for codes?
Have you tested the injectors for pulsing?
It sounds like you never tested fuel pressure?
What year and engine?
an 05 2.2 it has lots of pressure in the line , all the way up to the rail when i turn the key to prime it , as for code reading , there is a problem there im still trying to figure out if the innova 3040 code reader is bad or every part in the car is bad , right now it shows 40 bad codes, but , it shows things like the temp is to high the next code is the temp is to low , or the idle is to high then the next is the idle is to low , weell so much for the obd reader is doesnt read most of the codes it droped . but the bigest one i can tell is it says it lost comunication with the bcm. could a wire be puled lose ?

zora

Staff member
Reaction score
So you dont know if the injectors are pulsing?

What is the lowest code number you have?
Check the plug on the BCM.

buba

Reaction score
So you dont know if the injectors are pulsing?

What is the lowest code number you have?
Check the plug on the BCM.
OK, my new noid light set came in today , tomorrow my new fuel pressure set comes in but it will probably be just like the noid light set , deluxe set , 10 lights , not a one of them fit the plug on my car , but it dosnt matter , the new fuel pump quit pumping fuel , it runs and all, but doesn't pump a drop of gas , a bit ago i painstakingly copied down every one of the codes , starting with po201 through 204 ( could have found out how true that is if one of the noid lights had worked ) ok here it goes. po201 through 204, p1137 and 1138, po106, po108, po462, po112 and po113, po122 and po123, po125, po131 throuigh 134, p1133,po137 and 138, po140 and 141, po171 and 172, p1171,p1134, p2ao1, po300,po420,po455, po496, po442, po446, po480, po502 and 503, po506 and 507 po530. will try and make a jumper lead today to fit one of the lights .

buba

Reaction score
Start with the injector codes solutions
Considering the number of codes you have, would be a good idea to check the ECM plug.

FINALY GOT SOME TIME TO GET BACK TO IT , the noid lights flash on all injectors , then the fule pump quit again, now it will sound like its running , but will pump 0 pressure. unless i pull the pigtail down by the tank and reverse the positive leads , then it will pump. pulled the ecm plug and inspected closely then blew all out with an air hose now it wont eveen run when i spray eather in and crank it ,

zora

Staff member
Reaction score
It ran and you had zero pressure sounds like a clogged line or a pump that has failed.
I assume you have at least 5 gallons in the tank.

buba

Reaction score
no, it sounded like it was running , but it had no pressure , but, i could blow air through the lines , so know there not pluged , i could shoot starting fluid through the intake and that would fire it up. as long as i was squirting the starting fluid i cpould go back to the tank and disconnect it no gas pumping out of the tank, but the pump sounded like it was running , then i could disconnect the gas pump pigtail from there i couold plug in a battery and reverse the lines , putting the hot lead to the black and white leed and the negative lead to the wire that was suposed to be the hot lead, then it would actuly pump. could the bcm be at fault somehow? berring in mind this car was travling down the road when the interrior lights and t7he dash lights flashed a couple times then it died. hasnt worked since .

zora

Staff member
Reaction score
If you have no pressure and the pump is running you either have no gas in the tank, the filter is clogged or the pump no longer can suck gas out of the tank.

buba

Reaction score
If you have no pressure and the pump is running you either have no gas in the tank, the filter is clogged or the pump no longer can suck gas out of the tank.
whats the posibility of the pump running backwards and just not [pumping ?

zora

Staff member
Reaction score
Back in November you said it was a new pump, not used pump?
I guess anything is possible but never heard that happen unless the connector somehow was reversed.

buba

Reaction score
i had to put the new type connector on , so i have gone over this 14 times , a to a b to b c to c and d to d , even running my hand down each wire to double check yet again , even the original color coding is correct , it has been two new pumps , thinking i had a bad pump the first time i took it back and got a new one again, then it quit coming on at all, since then i got a bcm from another cav and it at least comes on , but must be running backwards ,

G

G-185716

a 05 has 4 wirees going to the fuel pump that havew to be cut and spliced to a new and differently configured plug in differently werent fule lineplug in ,,,.

buba

Reaction score
hallauah. , i messaged delphi about it runniung but probably backward , he agreed that it could i told him how i was told how to wire it and he sent back a diferent line up and after swaping wires out , the daamn thing fired right up holds steady at 59/60 lb of fuel all because some one in the parts store gave me the rong wire kit , the instructiions were wrong . now i still have to contend with a posability of a bad bcm , but im ready for that , lol.