Will a 1970 chevy Nova "350 turbo transmition" fit in my 1987 Chevy Monte Carlo?

Desmond D

Reaction score
Will a 1970 chevy Nova "350 turbo transmition" fit in my 1987 Chevy Monte Carlo?

He has a kickdown cable or passing gear that connects to caberator..but I have TBI so will this transmition fit and work properly ?
I wish I had the 700r4.I have the th200r and its not shifting properly and I have a cam in the engine so its not putting out what I know my car can do
what am I suppose to do about that Cable that connects to the caberator..I dnt have a caberaor..So what do I hook it up to

pedro7of9

Reaction score
can it be done? yes should it be done? no
you can try tech lines at jegs.com or summitracing.com

but you r going from an electronic to manual set up no overdrive on the th 350...gona be big pain in but getting it hooked up for a dinosaur tranny.

rebuild the correct tranny

Mad Jack

Reaction score
Yes it will. However you will need to include the transmission kick down cable for the transmission to work correctly.

But personally I would keep the 200R4 that it currently has. It is a superior transmission to the outdated Turbohydromatic 350.

If you have a significant amount of engine performance upgrades I would consider a 700R4. This is a more modern version of the turbo 400 except that it is electronically shifted and has overdrive.

t.j. a

Reaction score
It will definitely bolt to the eng.where i'd have concerns is with the monte carlo being an 87 you probably have a th 700 or 200 tranny"overdrive tranny" but it may still work you need to check the overall length of the two trannies and the location of the the mounts if both of these are the same you have an easy swap if not you'll have to move your tranny crossmember mount and/or shorten or even buy a longer drive shaft.with my experience i've made these kind of swaps work but unless you are building a street rod or have the time and money to spend i'd go with a direct swap call your local salvage yard and they will be able to hook you up.