What Year is Reliable

creekdaze

Reaction score
Hey Folks,

I am looking into getting a Suburban for my wife and I'm curious if any of your folks know if there is any one year that may has proven to be more dependable than others. I currently own a 2001 Tahoe and it has been awesome for me. I've learned that model's engine and other major systems have proven to be very dependable for many of the owners. I've even had mechanics comment that they are one of the best engines chevy has made.

I'd prefer to steer towards a 2015 or newer, but if an older year is more reliable, I may be persuaded.

Lastly, if anyone knows if there is a site that tracks this type of data, I'd love to see it...please share.

Thanks in advance,
Matt

zora

Staff member
Reaction score
To start with the 2001 had two engines, and was the second generation continuing to 2006. I'm unaware of a site that rates vehicles reliability. Your instinct to go for 2015 or newer is the way to go. Less mileage and possibly a remaining factory warranty. Regardless of whatever you decide on, have it checked before purchasing. Good luck in your search.

creekdaze

Reaction score
To start with the 2001 had two engines, and was the second generation continuing to 2006. I'm unaware of a site that rates vehicles reliability. Your instinct to go for 2015 or newer is the way to go. Less mileage and possibly a remaining factory warranty. Regardless of whatever you decide on, have it checked before purchasing. Good luck in your search.
Indeed it did, I have the 5.3L...she treats me well. Thanks for your reply, @zora