• In the 1980s and 1990s we used AOL and Usenet. In the 2000s there were forums and message boards. In the 2010s - and until the very near future - Facebook and Instagram. Something new is coming for Chevy owners... Become an early adopter of what's next by SIGNING UP HERE. Your email address will not be sold or used in any way other than us communicating more details as we prepare for launch - and we will not communicate often.

Steering Problem

mistersuburban

Reaction score
I bought a 96 1/2 ton four wheel drive Suburban recently. The owner said the steering box had been leaking andf was replaced. The van came with oversize tires and I found it had a tendency to wander. I always had to correct the steering. I got rid of the oversize tires on the front and had the front end checked and aligned. I still have some wandering, but not like I had before. I had one front end shop say I should get the front end lowered. I'm not crazy about that idea.
Anyone here have any thoughts or suggestions? Need to pull a 15 foot cargo trailer about 700 miles in the coming weeks and want a safe trip. Appreciate your help.

zora

Staff member
Reaction score
Did you go back to the alignment shop?
What did they set the toe-in to?
Is the vehicle raised which prompted someone to say lower it?

mistersuburban

Reaction score
I have no prior history. I just don't have a good feeling about this place. Going to take it to another shop for a second opinion. Thanks for the info. will post here once I get a firm decision from the alignment shop. Thanks very much!