Stalling

DavidEP

Reaction score
I have a 1995 3/4 ton burban 4x4 with 350 that stalls for a second at any speed with or without a heavy load. It then resumes normal running. It seems to be totally random. Here's what I've changed so far plugs wires cap and rotor coil and TPS all new. I also put on a used igntion control module and ECU. So far I've not had any change in what it's doing. I'm out of ideas. Anyone out there know what I should do next?

zora

Staff member
Reaction score
When it stalls, anything unusual about the gauges or the lights?

DavidEP

Reaction score
Nothing different after changing the fuel filter. I drove about 3.5 miles before it acted up again. Same as before.

zora

Staff member
Reaction score
What was used in 95 on Suburban for intake throttle body or tuned port?

zora

Staff member
Reaction score
Does it only stall when you take your foot off the pedal or it also occurs with throttle applied?

DavidEP

Reaction score
I haven't noticed it happening without the throttle applied. I haven't let it sit and idle to make sure. It does seem that the engine has to warm up before it happens

zora

Staff member
Reaction score
You seem to have covered the ignition system as a cause and the vehicle restarts after stalling. You may want to look into the throttle body injection system components including fuel pressure and temperature sensors.

DavidEP

Reaction score
It actually never completely dies it just shudders (stalls) and resumes normal running. But I believe the engine stops for a second. Throttle body components next I guess. I will update later. Thank you.