Second row heated seats

Zorba150

Reaction score
Second row heated seats on a 2009 Chevy Tahoe LTZ,
One of the rear seats does not heat wondering if they’re on separate fuses or where would I look for the wiring,
Any help would be appreciated
Thank you!

Zorba150

Reaction score
Thanks for that, The rear heated seat goes on for five seconds and shuts off, I’m just dumbfounded

zora

Staff member
Reaction score
Wow, 11 months later.
That sounds like a bad heating element, a fuse would be no heat all.

Zorba150

Reaction score
Sorry about that, it’s not 11 months later, it’s been going on since I purchased a vehicle two years ago don’t even know if it work back then?But the second row behind the driver seat the heater goes on for five seconds and then turns off, are Second row seats on their own separate fuses? And does each second row seat have it’s own fuse?Any information be appreciative!

Last edited:

zora

Staff member
Reaction score
The comment about 11 months was referring to taking 11 months to respond back. Did you look at the link I gave you to see the fuses? If a fuse blows the seats would not work for 5 seconds. It sounds like the heating elements are bad.

Zorba150

Reaction score
I know it’s been 11 months sorry, I had quadruple bypass surgery so I Couldn’t drive and totally forgot about it Till a few days ago, I did check out the link I found the fuse, it was a 15 amp fuse was supposed to be a 20 amp ,so I replace it with a 20,The second row seat behind the drivers still kicks off in about five seconds, is it easy to get to the Heating element? Passenger side second row heated seats still works.

Last edited:

Zorba150

Reaction score
OK thanks, one more question are the driver and passengers seat heating element and the rear second Row seat heating element the same part numbers?, Because I cannot find the second row heat element part anywhere Online?