P0335 & Stabilitrak

jayala2007

Reaction score
Just wanted to share my experience with the P0335 (Crankshaft position sensor) and Stabilitrak light - 2014 Chevy SS

Short story that lead to P0335: I originally had a misfire on cylinder 1. After troubleshooting a couple of weekends (swapped spark plugs, ignition coils, spark plug wires, fuel injector), I finally identified the culprit. Intake valve spring was broken and pushrod was bent on cylinder 1. I decided to replace all fuel injectors, upgraded my valve springs (BTR), upgraded rocker arm trunnion assembly (BTR V2), replaced all spark plugs with NGK V, valve cover gaskets, and spark plug wires (AC delco) while I was there.

I let the car sit in the garage for a total of 3 months (research, getting quotes, ordering parts, etc).

P0335 code:
After completing the repair, I charged the battery, syphoned the old gas, changed the oil, sprayed the cylinder with fogging oil, and finally cranked her on. My car struggled to turn on (I expected that since I've heard that batteries deplete if they're not charged while car is stored away). I ran her around the block and that's when the check engine and stabilitrak light turned on.

Symptoms:
Car struggled to turn on, engine light and stabiltrak on, steering wheel felt a bit stiff, and engine ran a bit rough.

Solution: I took my battery to get checked at AutoZone and had the guy test it. He said the battery was in good shape, but the charge was at 40%. I left it there a couple of hours and picked it back up. I installed the battery back in the car and fired her up. Car did not struggle to turn on and the engine light was gone. I drove the car for 10-15 minutes around 50-65 MPH and the symptoms did not return.

zora

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the post. Since so much on modern vehicles is computer dependent not having a properly charged battery can do some unexpected things.