P0013+p0327 ('09 2.2)

Azalin

Reaction score
Hey guys, been reading these forums for years and got lots of help but I'm stuck now so hopefully someone has some ideas.

I've had both of these codes in the past. Replaced solenoid and cleared P0013 a year or two ago, no recurrence since.

About 2 weeks ago I got the 327 and replaced the knock sensor yesterday. Low and behold she came back with a vengeance within a half hour along with the 013.

I did a 10 minute battery D/C and she came right back. I'm totally stuck here guys, what do you think?

zora

Staff member
Reaction score
P0013 is for the exhaust actuator solenoid. Last time you replaced it, did you use a GM part?
did you use a GM part for the knock sensor?
they have some other suggestions to check at this link
https://www.obd-codes.com/p0327

zora

Staff member
Reaction score
you are using 5W30 oil and it's not low?
use an ohm meter on the camshaft solenoid and you should get 8 to 12 ohms, if not replace it.

Azalin

Reaction score
Yeah regular oil changes.

I'll check the solenoid tomorrow. Thanks.

Any idea on the knock sensor? Should I be thinking about wiring issues or maybe a bad replacement sensor?

zora

Staff member
Reaction score
i asked what viscosity oil you are using?
on the knock sensor link they gave a list of things to do at the link have you done any of them?

Azalin

Reaction score
Yes, 5w-30. And I've run through those solutions with the previous sensor but I didn't verify the new sensor. I figured OEM I shouldn't need to test it before I installed it but I guess I should.

The exhaust solenoid is way out of spec so that's at least an easy fix.