Noisy Windshield

Silverado65

Reaction score
Hello! I'm Dave from Wilmington, NC. I just registered and this is my first post.

I'm needing some help with a noisy windshield in a 2012 Silverado. It's a club cab and it was my Dad's. He passed away about 1 1/2 years ago and now I'm using it. When he drove it, there was a crackling or popping sound coming from the upper corner on the passenger side of the windshield. He had it replaced (for another reason) and thought that would be the end of the noise. Well, it's still doing it. It sorta sounds like rain hitting the windshield even on a bright clear sunny day. The sound starts out low at slow speeds and when you get up to highway speeds, it pops and crackles like crazy. I'm thinking it's something to do with the seal around the windshield but I'm not sure.

Has anyone ever had a similar experience and could anyone help shed some light on this situation? Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

zora

Staff member
Reaction score
Do you hear the noise with the passenger side window open?
Are you sure it isnt caused by the passenger side mirror?
Do you have a hood protector?
You are not the only one with this issue.
Read the link below.

Silverado65

Reaction score
Yes we have a hood protector (bug shield), noise not made by the mirror and don’t know if the noise is heard with the passenger window cracked or down.

zora

Staff member
Reaction score
If you read the link in post 2, the bug deflector is mentioned. Can you remove it and see if the noise changes?