New Guy with PassLock issue

scottfarkus

Reaction score
Hi all, New to this forum but have had the 99 K1500 Burb LS 5.7 since 1998. It is finally having "no start" issues most likely due to PassLock. This started a year ago and it was only very occasionally but it has been increasing in occurrences. Now it's completely unreliable. From my understanding, the culprit could be the Ignition key cylinder sensor in the housing, The BCM, or even possibly the ECM. The indication that I see most common in my search is the BCM. I've been looking for it's location and most folks say it is just above the brake pedal mount but I see nothing up there that looks like a 3X5" black box. I've checked the connector to the key cylinder sensor and it appears rock solid with no corrosion. Can anyone tell me with certainty where the BCM in this year and model is. Also or the part number. I might be able to get a used one for fairly cheap if I know the part number. Thanks up front.

scottfarkus

Reaction score
Hey zora, thanks! After even more reading, I think you are correct. The sensor is the more likely culprit