Need Help 2010 Chevy Aveo

Aprillynn

Reaction score
I’m at my wits end and hopefully I’m missing something. I have 2010 Chevy Aveo. Before I go on, we did a head gasket test, twice and came back good. Ok, so temp is going way up, to H. Will stay there for a few secs and go back down. Like it wants to over heat, but it won’t. I have to unplug the sensor and plug it back in to keep the fan running. It’s always going up and down. Changed thermostat, still doing the same thing. Changed all the temp sensors, thought we got a faulty thermostat, so we changed it again. Still same issue. Fan will not kick on when AC is turned on and when at idle seems like it takes forever to kick on. We even changed the thermostat and the housing, don’t know what else it could be. Seems like a little air in system, but head gasket test came back ok. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

zora

Staff member
Reaction score
Have you scanned for codes.
If the fan doesn't come on with AC turned on, assuming compressor is running, you either have a bad sensor or the ECM isnt turning on the fan. You need an advanced scan tool such as a Tech 2 to diagnose the issue rather than changing things.