Key turns - nothing happens! 1993 Silverado

cordoniz

Reaction score
I have a 1993 Chevy Silverado. I was pulling a light camp trailer and the engine stalled. I pulled off the road, waited a few minutes, turned it over and continued down the road. Making little distance the engine sputtered and then died again. I waited and tried again. The motor would turn over, but when I attempted to accelerate, it died. I waited again. The next time I turned the key, nothing happended. There was no sound of the motor attempting to turn. I had a friend tow me home. I just replaced the fuel pump & filter a few months ago, and the starter has about six years on it. The battery was strong, and I attempted to turn the engine over with a jump, but nothing happened. Do any of these symptoms indicate a bad ignition module?? I know very little about mechanics, and would appreciate any response. Thanks

zora

Staff member
Reaction score
first make sure the battery cables are tight on both ends and have the battery checked to make sure it still has a complete charge, also check all fuses.

cordoniz

Reaction score
Thank you for your reply. I checked the battery cables and fuses again. The cables seem to be on tightly, and the terminals are free from corrosion. The battery is strong and in good condition. The fuses are good also. From what I have written, can anyone share their opinion on what may be the issue? Thanks again Zora for your help.

zora

Staff member
Reaction score
Check when turning the key to start if you are getting voltage at the starter solenoid.