I need help

Benjamin 510

Reaction score
2007 suburban ltz 5.3 1500 NOT 4 wheel drive. Ok.... When speeding up (mostly on the highway) rpm goes up but there will be a little vibration from the tires I think (like I'm going over small bumps), and I don't speed up for a couple seconds. Then I speed up and everything goes back to normal. But, when it finally speeds up, my traction light AND check engine light flashes a few times and the message "stablelizer link off" comes across my dash. I do have 2 codes for sensors coming up. I'm taking the family on a 4 hour drive for the holidays and need to figure out if it's safe to drive. Thanks guys

zora

Staff member
Reaction score
Between the vibration and the warning message you may have one or more bad wheel bearings.
What are the codes?

Benjamin 510

Reaction score
I do have bad bearings, but wouldn't it vibrate all the time. My codes are for o2 sensor ( upstream bank 1). I'm wondering if it's safe for a short road trip or if I should take another vehicle

zora

Staff member
Reaction score
why would you drive a vehicle that you know has bad bearings?

zora

Staff member
Reaction score
I guess you are not being too clear on what a short road trip is, you should be able to getaway with the engine codes but not bad wheel bearings.