how will it handle with a harley in the back?

weldbead

Reaction score
i am considering trailering my harley. am also considering putting it directly onto the bed to avoid the trailer. i have a 2010 4 cyl 5 speed with a 6 foot bed .. I have no doubts about its ability to haul a 6 x 12 trailer and the bike. im worrying that although there are videos of devices/methods of getting it onto the truck, some of the weight is behind the rear axle putting the nose in the air. anyone with similar situation/experience please let me know yer thoughts.

zora

Staff member
Reaction score
Did you check the load specifications label on the drivers door post to see if the bike exceeds the limits? Can you load the bike so that it is at an angle shifting more weight forward?

weldbead

Reaction score
door label says passengers and cargo not to exceed 1304 lbs ..bike is 700 and im 185 so no problem there. cant angle the bike wouldnt gain much and would screw up tieing it down. bikes rear wheel will be off the bed. planning on mounting a piece of channel through the bed to the frame and supporting the end of the channel/rear of the bike by coming out and up from the trailer hitch.
my concern is that the nose of the truck will be up in the air=light steering