Hhr 2011 should i buy it

ajay

Reaction score
2011 HHR LT 100000 miles well cared for 2 owners $7500. I have little money so can't afford to make a huge mistake. Would you buy this car with such high mileage on it. Thank you for your wisdom

zora

Staff member
Reaction score
recommend you try a site such as www.edmunds.com for an appraisal, without knowing what options, color, condition, etc. I came up with a lower price. I also recommend you have it checked by a mechanic before buying it.

Suburbanized

Reaction score
You have two options. Spend more on an older vehicle with lower mileage, or buy a new(er) vehicle with higher mileage. I tend to go with option number 2.

ajay

Reaction score
recommend you try a site such as www.edmunds.com for an appraisal, without knowing what options, color, condition, etc. I came up with a lower price. I also recommend you have it checked by a mechanic before buying it.

Thanks you for the ideas. However, what I'm looking for is what do you think about this car...2011 HHR Lt. Can it handle high mileage,is it known to have problems. I've read all the post on it but they are not written by Chev guys...I would like a car guys take on this car....if you have the time. Thanks

ajay

Reaction score
You have two options. Spend more on an older vehicle with lower mileage, or buy a new(er) vehicle with higher mileage. I tend to go with option number 2.

Thanks, I agree with you. However, would you please speak to the HHR 2011 LT. What do you know about that car. As a chev guy do you like it,do they last if it's treated well. Thanks so much for your time!

zora

Staff member
Reaction score
The chassis is based on the same platform as the Cobalt and the engine is the Ecotec which has been around for many years and is used throughout all GM divisions. So generally speaking it should be reliable but without seeing the specific vehicle and knowing it's maintenance history can not comment on what experiences you will have. Have it checked by a mechanic you trust before buying it. You can also get a Carfax report which will tell you about any reported accidents in the vehicles history.