Heater solenoid vacuum lines

sniderm2011

Reaction score
What vacuum lines go to the heater solenoid? I have one running from intake manifold but the other one doesn’t have anything attached. And the heater control valve vacuum line in running to the exhaust manifold but all of the diagrams I have seen have the control valve running to the solenoid.

zora

Staff member
Reaction score
What year?
You have a line with nothing attached, not even plugged?
Why would a heater control vacuum line run to the exhaust manifold?
Is this a vehicle you just purchased?

sniderm2011

Reaction score
No it only has the vacuum line that goes from the solenoid behind throttle and to the intake side of the motor. I will post a picture. It’s a 96 Chevy Tahoe LS. I don’t think the previous owners every did any preventative maintenance let alone regular maintenance. It came with a new steering gearbox pitman arm idler arm and coupler and a couple other things. But it is extremely covered in build up from power steering fluid and whatever else has ever leaked.

zora

Staff member
Reaction score
The heater solenoid is supposed to be connected to the heater control valve with a vacuum line.

zora

Staff member
Reaction score
The solenoid has to have two lines, one to provide the vacuum and the other to route it to the heater control valve.

sniderm2011

Reaction score
Ok. Well if I remove the vacuum from the passenger side top of motor and hook it to the solenoid then what line would replace where it was initially on top of motor.

zora

Staff member
Reaction score
Recommend you find a heating system vacuum diagram, I dont know what hoses you are trying to disconnect to act as a supply to the solenoid.

sniderm2011

Reaction score
I don't want to disconnect any. I just want to figure out which one is missing and the correct run. This is the first snow since I have had it and when I turn my heater or defrost snow blows out of my vents. So I definitely know something isnt correct.