Ford Starts an Automotive Trend with Mustang Sub-brand that GM and Corvette May Follo

Sal Collaziano

Staff member
Reaction score
General Motors may one day sub-brand Corvette just like Ford sub-branded the Mustang in the electric Mach-E. Like it or don’t like it, automakers will do what’s best for their bottom line. Competition is intense for the car-buying dollar. So, in a way, capitalizing on iconic brands does make financial sense. We just don’t have to like it.

2020_red_chevrolet_corvette_stingray_converter.jpg

When Ford revealed the Mustang name and logo would get slapped onto a crossover it sent shockwaves through the Ford Mustang enthusiast community. Now, I’ve written a lot about the displeasure about this move, heck I even started a petition imploring Ford to change their mind. But this does not look like it’s going to happen, and honestly, I knew they wouldn’t back down from this move.

While I’m still not okay with it, and probably never will be, a closer look at this trend shows that Ford might actually be onto something.

Ford Starts an Automotive Trend with Mustang Sub-brand that GM and Corvette May Follow

Kensuke

Reaction score
Yeah, this is a fantastic chance for the auto sector to flourish. During the pandemic, it, like any other industry, suffered tremendously because people no longer prioritize purchasing a house or a car over putting food on the table for the entire family. Take a look at reports about the automotive industry, and you'll see just what I'm talking about, and it's very sad. I believe it will take a few years for the industry to recover to where it was before the pandemic, and the whole situation has already set it back a couple of years.

Last edited by a moderator: