Feature Settings Available in Park?

Jaser

Reaction score
I have an issue right now on my 2007 LT Impala V6 with a column shifter. I had a P0449 code on car and put the part on car and started the engine but engine light was still on so I unhooked negative battery cable and let it sit for ten minutes hooked it back up and key will do nothing in start position. Also no gear selector is present from park to low so no selector around any of the gears when I move shifter from gear to gear which moves up and down fine into all gears.

Also key fobs I have two..neither will unlock or lock car door actually the hard key will not even unlock or lock the door with it open or closed i tried. I tried to reprogram fobs with settings on dash but it comes to a point where it says FEATURE SETTINGS AVAILABLE IN PARK. so I could not reprogram fobs. I went and put new batteries in both fobs and did not help (probably have to relearn them now,,but thats why I tried this before I put new batteries in them). Headlights work fine. trunk will not open. basically the fobs do nothing but I do hear a relay click when I push the lock button but only the first time I push it.

So not sure if I have a pass lock issue, ignition switch issue, neutral safety switch issue, battery issue, starter issue, brake solenoid sensor, ???

Anyone had this issue? I am sure people have!

Last edited:

zora

Staff member
Reaction score
You disconnected the car battery wiping out memory in various systems, a scan tool should have been used for the code. You now need an advanced scan tool at a dealer or private shop to reset everything.

Jaser

Reaction score
Thanks for replying..So..a scan tool was used both when I found the P0449 code and fixed that and also after the car would not do anything and all it still showed was the P0449 code. No other codes were showing up? So should it say something is up on a normal OBD11 reader if system needs reset?

Last edited:

zora

Staff member
Reaction score
No you dont have a OBD code to reset causing your current issue, you wiped memory by disconnecting the car battery and any internal batteries in computer/module circuits are too old to retain voltage. That is why you dont disconnect the car battery on older cars and use a tool to reset codes.
This is an example of a memory saver used to prevent what happened.