Door lock/window switch problem

78 binder

Reaction score
New guy here!! I have an 04 Colorado LS, I-5, auto with 116,000 +/-. The problem I have started last winter and has reared it's VERY ugly head again. I'm on the Eastern Shore of MD and our winters here are not cold by any means. The problem happened a couple times late last winter. For no apparent reason, other than lower temperature, my driver's door window(electric) will not operate nor will the electric locks (either door) work after a very brief cold spell. I'm talking a few hours at 30 - 40 degrees above 0, nothing extreme!! Key fob will not open doors either. The first time it happened last year, $60.00 to a lock out service and i'm on my way. If the truck/temperature warm up, it goes away???? Anyone else had this??? What's the fix???

zora

Staff member
Reaction score
I would look at the connections on the BCM, body control module, for signs of corrosion

Chuzz

Reaction score
In addition to what Zora suggested, you might want to take a look at the wires in the door connection. It's where the wires come through the door frame to the door. You may have some wires that are barely making connection and when it gets cold, they contract just enough to break the connection. It's just a suggestion, but it could be some sort of thermal expansion/contraction on a connector too.

zora

Staff member
Reaction score
They opened his vehicle but unclear why he could not turn the lock with his key.