Chevy Colorado Rattle

drmr#1

Reaction score
Recently bought a 2008 Colorado with less than 25,000 miles on it. I was told by the dealer (CarMax) that it had been in a minor accident and had suffered very minor damage. The truck runs very well except for lots of rattling sounds coming from the bed area. I also notice that the bed seems to shake when the truck is running on a bumpy road. None of this occurred when I first drove it but then it started about a week later after I found a small piece of 2x4 underneath it while parked in the driveway. Seems suspicious. Any ideas about what to look for under the bed which could have been braced with that piece of wood or related fixes? It's driving me crazy!!!! Please help????!!!!:confused:

zora

Staff member
Reaction score
Did you run a CarFax report on it to determine how "minor" the accident actually was?
I would take it to a competent body shop to have them look at it and give you a better idea what extent of damage was done to the vehicle.

drmr#1

Reaction score
The dealer ran a CarFax for me when I questioned him about the problem and the extent of the accident damage. It came back saying that the damage was very minor with no description. Don't know if that process can be manipulated or not. :confused:

zora

Staff member
Reaction score
well than take it to a body shop and mention the 2x4 you found. They may not charge you for taking a look at it.