Check Stabiltrack message.

Zimcocomp

Reaction score
Has anyone experienced the messages Check Stabiltrak and Traction Control off? Is this due to wheel speed sensor error or what?

zora

Staff member
Reaction score
it could be but the system needs to be scanned for a code to determine what the actual cause is

Zimcocomp

Reaction score
I should have mentioned the engine was cutting out depending on throttle position. Uphill would cause it to cut out. This all started at the same time.
A code scan listed the impact sensor was a problem

zora

Staff member
Reaction score
I assume this means you have corrected the problem.

zora

Staff member
Reaction score
can you post all the codes ECM and ABS

Zimcocomp

Reaction score
Zora, Don't have the # but one indicated the front left speed sensor and another was the rear impact sensor. ABS light was lit also.

Last edited:

Zimcocomp

Reaction score
Front, left sensor replaced. Problem came right back They will try the rear impact sensor but I have lost my confidence. The impact sensors can cut off the engine I understand but can that cause all the messages that I am getting about "Stabil-Trac"?

Zimcocomp

Reaction score
Original codes pulled after the event were: C0035 (Left Front Speed Sensor), B101D (Airbag 6), B0088 (Right Rear Impact Sensor), B0081 (Pass. Present System), U0170 (Restraint Communication Lost).
I am starting to get worried it may be the Communication ECM.

zora

Staff member
Reaction score
did they check the wire harness going to the left sensor?
did you have a dead battery or other problem with the charging system?

Zimcocomp

Reaction score
No, battery/charging system problems. I don't know about the wire harness.

zora

Staff member
Reaction score
If the codes other than the wheel sensor are cleared do they return?

Zimcocomp

Reaction score
It's now thought it is the magnet in the wheel bearing housing that's bad.

zora

Staff member
Reaction score
The part can be purchased for about $186 plus the labor. Depending on the labor rate a guess would be $400.

Zimcocomp

Reaction score
So far, so good. It appears that the wheel speed sensor and associated magnet in the wheel bearing hub caused all the messages and my grief. I, at least got it home without any errors.

Zimcocomp

Reaction score
Update to the wheel sensor/hub problem. Since the first hub was replaced I have had two more fail in exactly the same way. One more to go. The last one I decided to try the replacement of the hub myself. Very hard to do. I used a two, large bolt idea by putting them in lug bolt holes, opposite each other and tightening until it cracked loose. Replaced the sensor also while in there. We live on a gravel road and must be very hard on the hubs and brakes. The hub has a glued on magnetic strip that can be damaged fairly easy. All is well for the time being.

Zimcocomp

Reaction score
The part can be purchased for about $186 plus the labor. Depending on the labor rate a guess would be $400.
Ended up spending $65 for the new hub and $19 for the sensor/pickup. Good thing I didn't have to pay labor for me or I would've had to re-mortgage.

Zimcocomp

Reaction score
One more follow up to previous hub and sensor replacement. I finally had to do the last wheel to add to the other three. Similar to the cost of the one in June. Labor was still a factor since I am 79 years old and still did it myself. I can't help but wonder, are they still using a glued on magnetic ring on the hub to sense wheel speed on newer models. If so I wouldn't consider buying another one of these cars.