Carburetor replacement

brotheral

Reaction score
I have a '61 Impala with a 348/ 250 engine, TH350 trans.. The carburetor is a Rochester 4gc. I have had it rebuilt 3 times over the last 21 years. I want to get a new Edelbrock 4 bbl. carb..
Messages to Edelbrock and Summit have gone unanswered. Anyone out there that can advise what carb would be a good replacement ? Need a spacer to accept different bolt pattern on the manifold?, will stock linkage work, ? , need a vacuum port on carb. to insert vacuum line to trans. Electric choke would be nice also. I want to use my stock air cleaner as well.

zora

Staff member
Reaction score
Edelbrock lists the adapter as out of stock but other sites still show it but they may not be able to get it.
Did you go directly to the Edelbrock or Holley site for a carburetor suggestion.
Did you compare the airhorn diameter of your 4gc to Holley and Edelbrock?
Did you call their tech lines with your question?
You are sure what ever problem you are having is carburetor related and not ignition?

Last edited:

brotheral

Reaction score
Edelbrock lists the adapter as out of stock but other sites still show it but they may not be able to get it.
Did you go directly to the Edelbrock or Holley site for a carburetor suggestion.
Did you compare the airhorn diameter of your 4gc to Holley and Edelbrock?
Did you call their tech lines with your question?
You are sure what ever problem you are having is carburetor related and not ignition?
I am sure it is a carburetor problem. I was trying to get my needed information without being pressured to order at that moment.

I have the number for Edelbrock, that call will be next.

I appreciate your reply.