Cabin sensor(s) volume too loud

Gallard-Albert

Reaction score
I happen to own a 2016 Malibu Premier (w 93K miles on it) and suddenly the car's sensor(s) volume got to high. How can I lower the volume? I tried settings , but did not work. Could someone give me some guidance? Thanks

zora

Staff member
Reaction score
Exactly what sensors are you referring to?

Gallard-Albert

Reaction score
Exactly what sensors are you referring to?
the volume is too high when the following sensors/chimes activate: resetting mpg when pushed on the steering wheel, when opening the driver's door, when backing up - sensor senses someone on the back, when sensor on the rear view mirrors (left & right) sense the presence of an human being, etc..... no need such high tone of warning and/or chime

zora

Staff member
Reaction score
Chime volume page 126 of owners manual.

G

G-209098

I already tried this....
On page 126, Comfort & Convenience, select Chime volume to set to 'Normal' and 'High'. On the car, it does not offer such options. It offers a bar which you can go to '-' (minimum) and/or '+' (maximum). Even by setting it to minimum or no volume at all, the chime volume inside the car is too-too loud.

zora

Staff member
Reaction score
So you are saying the control isnt working.
You will have to go to a dealer to determine why it isnt working.

G

G-620632

Don't know if I finally let everyone know how the loud volume issue got resolved. Well, it took me two (2) times to visit the local Chevy dealer for final resolution. On the 1st visit, the dealer re-programmed the radio. This did not work, so I had a credit of approx. $180.00. Then, on the 2nd visit to the dealer, it was found out that the radio's amplifier was not working accordingly and need to be replaced. Luckily, I had the 100K miles extended warranty which covered the cost of approx. $800.00 (for the part & labor). So far, so good