Brake Pads?

chevyridin84

Reaction score
any recommendation for a brand of brake pads that aren't so spongy? For some reason my brakes in my Camaro are spongy. My previous chevy malibu which I sold also had this issue. I drove my friends bmw to just see how it drives and the brakes were solid and tight. Dont know if I can replicate this in a chevy.

Thanks!

zora

Staff member
Reaction score
How many miles on the brakes?
Spongy pedal is usually air in the system.

jnde207

Reaction score
any recommendation for a brand of brake pads that aren't so spongy? For some reason my brakes in my Camaro are spongy. My previous chevy malibu which I sold also had this issue. I drove my friends bmw to just see how it drives and the brakes were solid and tight. Dont know if I can replicate this in a chevy.

Thanks!
Look for the carbon fiber and ceramic mix, I just bought a pad and rotor set for my equinox, it was a great price and they are a solid stop!
I am very impressed with the quality and performance for the price!
All of the tire/brake shops around here wanted 890 bucks for all 4 brakes and rotors, I paid 209 for all four and installed them myself within a couple of hours.
And to bleed them just order a mighty vac brake bleeder on Amazon or you can get your local auto shop to install them pretty cheap and still be at half the price.

Last edited by a moderator: