Blows only ice cold air on Passenger side, no matter heater or A/C

Jaylaxle

Reaction score
I've changed all the Blend Door Actuators over the years. The last one I changed 2 months ago was the hardest one to get to (the passenger side, where you have to take off the dash and some metal brackets in order to get to the thing). Since then, I get nothing but ice cold air on the passenger side. I don't know if the replacement actuator was the wrong model (it's not supposed to matter on this year model is what I was told). I still have the original, but I'm loathe to pull off the dash and everything again. I was wondering if anyone had this happen? Should I look at replacing the A/C control module next with a Dorman model or something similar?

Jaylaxle

Reaction score
2004 4.8 V8 LS model. No programming needed on actuator. I did pull out the AC/ECAS fuse to force the A/C control module to recalibrate itself. Auto Dual Climate control. I linked samples in the original post for the compatible replacement parts.

zora

Staff member
Reaction score
Did you click on your own link?
It states Manual system you have Automatic
Looking at Rockauto, AC-Delco, they have two different actuators.

Last edited:

Jaylaxle

Reaction score
Did you click on your own link?
It states Manual system you have Automatic
Looking at Rockauto, AC-Delco, they have two different actuators.
I could never find where it said compatible with Manual or Automatic. The guy at O'reilly's told me it didn't matter...
Edit: shoot, i see it now. So I needed the 604-112? Thanks for pointing that one out!
I really want to confirm that the wrong actuator would cause this, and there's not something else going on, before I do the whole half-day install. :oops:

Last edited:

zora

Staff member
Reaction score
The only other thing would be something like a Tech 2 to check for HVAC codes and command the doors to move.