Astro Ventilation 1969 Chevelle

Birchlandmanor

Reaction score
Hello fellas, just wondering if someone might have instructions or photos on how the driver’s side vent bezel is attached to the top side of the dash. I recently purchased the bezel retainer, but I’m at a bit of a lose on how that holds the top portion of the bezel to the dash. Thought I might be able to take the passenger side bezel off to get an idea but it’s simply attached with the regular clips. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

zora

Staff member
Reaction score
Did you buy it from a vendor and if so check with them?
Did you check if there is a AIM, assembly instruction manual, for your car?

Birchlandmanor

Reaction score
I do have the assembly manual Zara and it doesn’t show much. Vendor couldn’t help me out neither. I do have a good schematic diagram, which I was hoping to post on here (unsure how to do that), but it doesn’t seem too clear neither.

zora

Staff member
Reaction score
I found an online image of the part.
Is there a small hole on the top and bottom of the bezel?
Also to be clear, this is the vent bezel, not something to do with the defroster?

Birchlandmanor

Reaction score
Also to be clear, this is the vent bezel, not something to do with the defroster?
Yes it is the non a/c cold air vent bezel and has the holes top and bottom to attach to the dash. I purchased the rectangular metal piece (retainer) that’s shown as being used for the top end attachment in the clear diagram I have. One would assume that it would go to the back side of the dash and then the bezel’s screwed In from the front to hold it in place, not having luck with that.

zora

Staff member
Reaction score
The dash doesn't have two small holes that the retainer slips over and the screw goes through the bezel, the outer side of the retainer, the dash holes, and then the inner side of the retainer?

Birchlandmanor

Reaction score
The top of the dash where the bezel attaches does not have the nut clips like the bottom and both top and bottom on the passenger side do. Just a flush dash there. Wish I was able to send you pictures to show you what I mean.

zora

Staff member
Reaction score
You dont see 'Attach Files' on the lower left bottom of the Reply box?

Birchlandmanor

Reaction score
The top of the dash where the bezel attaches does not have the nut clips like the bottom and both top and bottom on the passenger side do. Just a flush dash there. Wish I was able to send you pictures to show you what I mean.
[/QUOTE