94 Silverado 1500...electrical issues HVAC

Laktabuh

Reaction score
I have a 94 silverado and appear to have and electrical issue. The hvac was working on and off for a couple months, but now has quit working altogether. When I adjust the temperature, it adjusts, but there is simply no power blowing the air/heat out.

Also, the wipers seem to work sporadically. They typically work fine unless I've been driving for an extended period of time (more than 15-20 minutes) then turn the car off. If I drive the car in the next 30 minutes, they often won't work.

Assuming the issues are related, but hoping I can get an expert opinion. I'm happy to work on it myself, but would love to know if it's worth doing so before I give it a shot.

Thanks in advance for your help.

L

zora

Staff member
Reaction score
So you are saying the blower motor isnt working on all speeds? Did you check for a blown fuse? Have you used a voltmeter to check for power at the motor. Try applying power directly to the motor.

5speed406

Reaction score
Inspect the plug in connection carefully at the blower motor. I have found them melted from an old motor drawing to many amps. Have also seen the wire connector on the back of the fan switch melted.

The wiper motor control board is a known issue. On my 96 is was replaced during a recall campaign 8 or 9 years ago, it is easy to do and not very expensive.