69 Impala SS = Caprice?

cam1970

Reaction score
Ok, so I have a guy selling a "Impala SS" with "documentation". The copy of the original title (Vin matches car) but says "Caprice". Is a Impala SS the same as a "Caprice"? Did someone change the emblems to make it an Impala SS? Any suggestions on how I figure it out?

cam1970

Reaction score
Ok, I have a guy selling a "Impala SS 427" with "documentation" but the copy of the original title (Vin matches car), says "Caprice". Is it possible the car is an Impala but the title says caprice? Did someone change emblems? How can I tell if this is a real Impala SS or Caprice? Any help appreciated. Thanks.

zora

Staff member
Reaction score
Other than the title what does the documentation show?

zora

Staff member
Reaction score
What does the other documentation say?

Chuzz

Reaction score
Get the vin # and call a Chevy dealership and ask them what it is.

zora

Staff member
Reaction score
No Chevy dealer will be able to tell you about a 1969 car based on the VIN. Chevrolet did not keep any records, unlike Pontiac which mircofice them and can supply highly detailed information.

scott2173

Reaction score
The Caprice used triple unit rear light assemblies, same as the Impala did. However, Caprice was adorned with "dual bright accents" on the tail lamps, as opposed to Impala which received tail lamps that had "single bright accents".