4.3L crate engine HELP!

itrustno1

Reaction score
Im just losing my mind with this thing. I cant figure out what the heck I have sitting on this engine stand. I know its a GM 4.3l 2 bolt main but thats about it. It came off of a wooden pallet and was heat shrink-wrapped when I got it. Came with heads on it, oil pan, intake and flywheel but I have no idea what it goes in or what it came out of. I have all the casting numbers and stamped numbers but I lost my mind after 2hrs of brain work. Can anybody help me out? Im trying to get rid of it but everyone always ask me questions that I cant answer. Thanks guys if u can school me with this, please.

zora

Staff member
Reaction score
what is stamped on the pad in front of the passenger side head? any codes, list them

itrustno1

Reaction score
what is stamped on the pad in front of the passenger side head? any codes, list them

Wow, thank u. Let me get to my shop real quick and ill post that info shortly. 10min....
Ok, its T0507FCZ, the Z looks punched a lil deeper than the rest but not much. Other castings: 11099001 and D297.

Last edited:

itrustno1

Reaction score
Made in Tonawanda Plant, May 7th, truck, how do you know it is a 4.3?

http://www.fixya.com/cars/t23301885-need_id_engine_number_t0717fcz

Because its got a casting on the rear left of the block that says 4.3l GM SIG. If I go to a parts store and say CAN I GET A SET OF SPARK PLUGS? Sure, whats the year make and model? I HAVE NO IDEA SIR. JUST GUESS AND WE'LL BOTH BE SURPRISED!
I wouldnt know what to tell em. I cant tell em OH IT WAS MADE ON THE 7TH OF MAY. He might say, Oh its gona be a year old in about 2 weeks?
See where im coming from?

itrustno1

Reaction score
If im allowed to and if this site will let me, ill post pics of it right now if itll help?

itrustno1

Reaction score
So I have a 1987 GM 4.3L crate engine out of/for a C10 K10 C20? Which is a full size truck (like my 89 silverado with only 174, 552 original miles) and not out of/or for a S-10 originally, correct?

zora

Staff member
Reaction score
i can only point you to the link which indicates that is correct. A GM dealer can be tried to verify the FCZ engine code.

itrustno1

Reaction score
i can only point you to the link which indicates that is correct. A GM dealer can be tried to verify the FCZ engine code.

U know, I just cant thank u enough, zora. No wonder I was goin' nuts, I was all up in the S-10 sections everywhere when I should've been in the full size department. I just never would've thought a lil ol' 4.3L would push a full sizer-er. Shows what my 18yrs of mechanical experience is worth. (Smiley face)

Thanks again buddy.

zora

Staff member
Reaction score
just a matter of using google to try and find the answer, glad to help