2020 Tahoe towing tire pressure?

BEagen

Reaction score
Can't find towing tire pressure spec. for my 4WD, 2020 LT Tahoe with Max Towing package. Towing a 7K lb. travel trailer. Assuming I should bump up the rear tires to the tire's max. 45 lbs. Also, if I do that, will that throw off the tire pressure monitors?

zora

Staff member
Reaction score
The tire pressures are listed on the label that should be attached to the drivers side B pillar.
In addition did you look in your owners manual in the towing section?

BEagen

Reaction score
I had already tried those sources. The label on the pillar doesn't list towing pressures. I have poured over the owners' manual several times and there is no mention of towing tire pressures. My trusty, old 2003 Suburban required that the tear tires be boosted from 50 to 80 lbs. PSI when towing. No mention of this in the 2020 Tahoe labels/literature. Trailer dealer suggested I might want to raise rear tire pressure from the 35 lbs. Chevy standard to the max. listed on the tires (44 lbs.) when towing. Probably good advice, but he's not a Chevy guy and while it seems to make sense, I'd like to know for sure. Chevy dealer has been vague. Frustrating.

zora

Staff member
Reaction score
Read this link and see if it provides your answer

BEagen

Reaction score
Thanks very much. This formula looks like the answer to my conundrum. Now, to get myself on the road to the requisite homework. Math was never my strong suit, but I'll figure it out. Will get the truck/rig/axles weighed and come to a conclusion. Gracias.
Pax,
Bill

BEagen

Reaction score
OK, rounded up all the figures/specs and did the math. Front pressure value is 32 psi and rear is 33.8 psi. Both well within the 35 psi listed for both front & rear tires on the door panel. SO, apparently, no need to bump up for towing. My dealer had said (vaguely) the newer tires are very different from the 2003 variety, which makes sense, but he really couldn't explain or account for the lack of adding pressure under a towing load. At least now I have something to hang my hat on. Thanks very much. Now, I am free to obcess about something else...

zora

Staff member
Reaction score
OK, rounded up all the figures/specs and did the math. Front pressure value is 32 psi and rear is 33.8 psi. Both well within the 35 psi listed for both front & rear tires on the door panel. SO, apparently, no need to bump up for towing. My dealer had said (vaguely) the newer tires are very different from the 2003 variety, which makes sense, but he really couldn't explain or account for the lack of adding pressure under a towing load. At least now I have something to hang my hat on. Thanks very much. Now, I am free to obcess about something else...
Maybe with the towing package they use a different label for tire pressure to account for heavy loads.