2017 Traverse Shimmy

jdenitti

Reaction score
I have a 2017 Traverse. About 66,000 miles on it. At 60-75 mph (approx) I get a steering wheel vibration/wobble. Feels like a tire issue but I have pretty much eliminated that. Replaced the OEM Goodyear tires with Toyo, still had the issue. They took those off and installed the OEM Goodyear Fortera tires. Both the Toyo tires and the Oem Goodyear tires were road force balanced ( I took them to another shop as they didn't have the equipment) When they installed the Toyo tires I took it to a independent garage. They could not find the issue I described even though they felt it. They suggested the tires--which were new. That's when they put the OEM tires on. Still had the issue. Tire people said drive train. Another trip to a independent garage and they still couldn't find anything They did say its not the drive train. I then went to a Chevrolet dealer....They could not find anything either. They said the same thing...its not the drive train. So 3 sets of tires if you include the original ones and 3 garages later (1 was the dealer) and I still have the problem. Any thoughts

zora

Staff member
Reaction score
Did anybody check tie rods?
Did the dealer look for technical service bulletins?
Driveshaft out of balance? I know you said steering.