2013 Chevy Malibu ECO Hybrid issues

Behindpluto

Reaction score
So my check engine light came on (just the light not blinking) a month and a half ago and ever since then I’ve been scrambling to find a place to diagnose what’s what’s wrong with my car. A bunch of codes pop up for my car, mainly dealing with the hybrid part of the car it’s self. I thought I finally found a mechanic that know hybrids to properly diagnose my car. He tells me it’s the hybrid control module. I look it up and can’t find this part anywhere. I ask him for the part number. He will not give it to me. Is the hybrid control module the same thing as PCM, ECU, or ECM? Has anyone else have this issue. Since the check engine Light has turned on, occasionally my car has issues accelerating like it’s stalling out. Also I have taken it to the dealership but they didn’t have the proper equipment to diagnose my car for some reason. Please help! Any guidance is welcomed

zora

Staff member
Reaction score
Post the codes, autozone does free lookups.
Find another Chevrolet dealer, that excuse doesnt make sense. I dont think a private shop can diagnose an Eco car.
There is also a drive motor battery pack control module. Without knowing the codes noway of knowing what has to be done.