2012 Chevrolet Equinox doesn't have Bluetooth Audio Streaming.

Katie17972

Reaction score
I recently purchased a 2012 Chevy Equinox LT1 with Touchscreen radio. From what i've read on GM Total Connect and Chevrolet.com. They both say that the vehicle is suppose to have Bluetooth Audio Streaming. But when i played with the Equinox radio, i found out it doesn't have the bluetooth audio streaming. Does anyone know if there's an software update or something??? I've taking my vehicle to dealership and they say there's nothing they can do. GM gives you the run around.

zora

Staff member
Reaction score
The owners manual on page 7-36 covers the Bluetooth functions and they are limited in scope and cannot be upgraded but have you tried calling this number 855-4-SUPPORT (855-478-7767) and tried this link and selected the "Read How" link ? http://www.chevrolet.com/mylink-color-connected-radio-2012.html

http://www.chevrolet.com/content/da...ip/Manuals_and_Videos/02_pdf/2k12equinox1.pdf

Music. Unplugged.

Bluetooth4 for hands-free calling has been around for several years. Chevrolet MyLink1 takes that Bluetooth technology to the next level with streaming audio. Most devices can be paired to the Bluetooth system and if the device supports streaming audio, your music will play over the vehicle's stereo speakers, without ever having to be plugged in6, keeping your cabin uncluttered and wire-free.

Getting Started:

First you must pair your Bluetooth-enabled phone or device. If the device supports Bluetooth Streaming Audio, the music stored on the device will start playing over the vehicle's speakers. You can then use the enhanced voice control to manage it. Press the PUSH TO TALK button on your steering wheel and say, "Play Bluetooth Audio" or "Shuffle On," if the device supports that type of functionality.

1. MyLink functionality varies by model. Full functionality requires compatible Bluetooth and Smartphone and USB for some devices. MyLink on Spark and Sonic does not include functionality such as enhanced voice recognition, Gracenotes and CD player.

4. Go to gm.com/bluetooth to find out which phones are compatible with the vehicle.

6. Apple iPhone®/iPod® devices support Bluetooth Audio streaming with limited functionality. Please connect through USB to use all features of the MyLink system.

All screens and images were taken from the 2012 Chevrolet Equinox preproduction model. Actual screens and screens and images for 2012 Chevrolet Volt will vary.

tonymont

Reaction score
You can just stream music through the Infotainment system or better yet to make things less complicated just use a USB cable to play music from your iPhone/iPod/Ipad.