2011 Silverado 1500 LS Bizarre Problems?

aslyons001

Reaction score
Hello! I joined this forum specifically for this issue, so hopefully some of you can shed some light on my situation.

I recently purchased the Silverado and was pleased with the condition. After driving it for a few weeks, I've noticed the same set of problems are happening together. I've listed them below:

Check engine light on
Stabilitrak light on
'Service Stabilitrak or Stabilitrak Off' and 'Service Traction Control or Traction Control Off'
Reduced power driving acceleration
Display doesn't show what gear I am in (no bar underneath P,D,R, etc.)

However, every now and then all the above symptoms disappear, and it drives perfectly. It's a quiet ride, with no sputtering/misfiring or bumpy/rough riding. This is so strange--I assumed this is how it drove, and peeled out of my work parking lot thinking that I needed to depress gas all the way just to accelerate at a decent speed.

I go to get the codes checked, but the symptoms disappear every time (conveniently). Does anyone know what I could be dealing with here?

zora

Staff member
Reaction score
who is checking the codes a dealer or a parts store? If a parts store do they have a scanner capable of reading history?
Have you checked the battery terminals to insure they are not loose?

aslyons001

Reaction score
Haven't checked the codes--doing that today.

I replaced the negative battery cable(ground) and it solved the issue for 2 days, now it's back to the same issues.