2010 chevy colorado headlight

dakota_poe

Reaction score
my 2010 chevy colorado's drivers side headlight is getting condensation in it. its getting to the point to where its blocking some of the light. im not sure if its just a seal or what the deal is but if anyone else has had this problem i would like to know how you fixed it.

Thanks,
Dakota

zora

Staff member
Reaction score
Try hosing down the assembly to see if you spot a water leak around the seam. In addition check the rubber seals where the bulbs mount into the housing.

Chuzz

Reaction score
I have the same problem with the passenger side light on my Equinox. I had to replace the drivers side light right after I bought it and looks like I may have to do so with the passenger side now. And those suckers are not cheap. Even if you find them on ebay. Crappy design. I've seen a LOT of Equinoxs' with this problem. I haven't seen any Colorados around here where I live. Most truck owners have 1500's or larger trucks.

Suburbanized

Reaction score
The inside of the bulb housing has a crack, which is an often failure with headlight housings. Once you seal the crack, the condensation will go away.