2010 2.2 ecotech vvt replaced timing sets rough starts p0017 codes

BigDangler

Reaction score
I have replaced the timing sets and when i initially put the car back together i had a bad tap but other than that the car ran great. Pulled the top end back apart and assumed i had a bad/clogged lifter due to debris from broken guides (whole reason for the job in the first place) so i replaced lifters put it back together and rotated the motor several times by hand to make sure all was good which it was sent to start it and it was really rough startin and running out a code reader on it abd p0017 keeps coming up. Once you do get it going it runs fine except it goes through gas way too fast pls help

BigDangler

Reaction score
I
Assume you replaced the timing chains, tensioners and guides.
Are you sure you correctly aligned everything because the code indicates something is off.
Im 99.9% positive everything is aligned properly therebis the slightest possibility that i may have the exhaust cam out from when i pulled it apart to replace lifters. After the rough start up it runs like theres nothing wrong, like there is no misfire, no hesitation nothing to suggest that thrre is anything wrong

zora

Staff member
Reaction score
I

Im 99.9% positive everything is aligned properly therebis the slightest possibility that i may have the exhaust cam out from when i pulled it apart to replace lifters. After the rough start up it runs like theres nothing wrong, like there is no misfire, no hesitation nothing to suggest that thrre is anything wrong
I can't add anything, again assume you replaced all the parts, but the computer is sensing something is not aligned correctly.
Did you reset the code to see if it comes back?