2007 Equinox security issue

lhe8183

Reaction score
Recently my Equinox's two fobs stopped working. Both at the same time. I can program the fobs and they will work until the security system activates, then neither fob will lock or unlock the doors. Also I have to lock the doors using the power door locks but unlocking the door with the key the horn blows until the SUV is turned to the on position. Then the horn stops. I have owned the car for about two years and they worked fine until a week ago. I changed the battery in on of the fobs but no help. Can anyone help with diagnosis or what to do? Even if I can stop the horn from blowing when unlocked would make my wife happy.

zora

Staff member
Reaction score
Why did you try reprogramming them when they stopped working?
It sounds like they are not correctly programmed and the security system does not recognize them.

lhe8183

Reaction score
I usually only use one fob.When it stopped working I changed battery so when it would not work I tried reprogramming which requires to do both at the same time. I had to get new fobs in the past for this vehicle when originally purchased and had no issues programming which was about two years ago. Why would they lock and unlock doors before security system light starts blinking? Is it possible something in the auto's security system has an issue?

zora

Staff member
Reaction score
Have you tried reprogramming a second time?
If that doesn't work you may need dealer assistance