2007 Colorado p0449 code.

Yarskram

Reaction score
Hello, I have read that I can use a vent valve from a Hummer H3 on the Colorado. It is significantly cheaper than the one for the Colorado. Has anyone heard or tried this? And if so has it worked? Thanks

Yarskram

Reaction score
The part number for the Hummer is : GM 20941985 and AC/DELCO 2142324. I don't know what the part number is for the Colorado because on the Colorado the valve is sold with the rubber hose as one unit. I don't need the hose just the canister valve. I can take the hose off of the old one and reuse it. The price difference is around $130.00. I saw a video online and the parts look identical and the numbers on the parts were exactly the same.

Yarskram

Reaction score
I'm sorry that is not my valve. The valve in question is the charcoal canister vent valve. Not the purge valve solenoid. The valve is round. It looks like a jar and is located in the rear of the truck under the gas tank.

zora

Staff member
Reaction score
if you look up the charcoal canister vent valve on the NAPA site both the 2007 Colorado and the 2007 H3 use the same part and it comes with the hose .

Yarskram

Reaction score
if you look up the charcoal canister vent valve on the NAPA site both the 2007 Colorado and the 2007 H3 use the same part and it comes with the hose .

Thank you for your help. They were the same. Thanks again.

Yarskram

Reaction score
Please help me. I am going crazy. My 2007 Colorado had a p0449 code . I tested the canister vent valve and I changed it and cleared the code. One day later the engine light is on again with the same p0449 code. I checked the hoses and the electric connectors and all seems fine. I changed the purge valve solenoid about a month ago. What else can it be? If it were the gas cap wouldn't I get a p0455 code? This is driving me crazy.

Yarskram

Reaction score
Ok I'm at my wits end with this truck. I have replaced the purge valve solenoid, the canister vent valve solenoid, and the gas cap. I am now getting a p0455( Large Evap Leak Detected) code after all of this. The hoses that I can see are in good shape, the electrical connectors are good. Could it be the fuel tank pressure senor? I am really trying not to take it to a shop because I don't have the money. Labor here is $93 an hour and I know I will get hit for at least a $250 bill. I have already spent around $75 for the parts that I installed. What else should I check. Thanking all for any help .

zora

Staff member
Reaction score
if you first had a P0449 and replaced all those parts and now you have P0455, something has been disturbed by the work you did, hose loose, cracked, defective part, etc. The correct thing to do at this point would be a smoke test to find the leak. There is nothing listed in the P0455 pointing to a pressure sensor.
https://www.obd-codes.com/p0455

Yarskram

Reaction score
Thanks Zora, I didn't think the pressure sensor would have anything to do with it but that was my last option. In order to do the smoke test what would the procedure be? Do I hook up the tester to the port on the purge valve or the brake booster and let smoke in? Do I run the truck or keep it off? Does the canister valve have to be open or closed? And if so how do I open or close the vent? I do not have a computer that can control the truck. Thnk you again.

zora

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm not sure how you are going to do this yourself. You have to rent or buy the machine, it should come with instructions, typically it attaches to the gas tank fill neck. You also need an air compressor and have to command the valves to open via a scan tool.

Yarskram

Reaction score
Yeah that's what I thought about the scan tool. Thank you for your patience and help.