2005 Chevy Tahoe 2WD 4.8L V8 "No Crank Condition"

kmsbryans2018

Reaction score
Thanks for having me, I'm new to the forum, new to chevy ownership, not new to working on vehicles thanks in advance for any and all help/guidance. Would love a GM workshop manual for this 2005 Chevy Tahoe in pdf format.

Recently my wife and I inherited her father's 2005 Tahoe. While sitting in a parking lot waiting on someone to meet us, the Tahoe decided to shut itself off. The instrument cluster was lit up like a šŸŽ„! The security light was on, the cluster read out said overheated, (found out that both of the cooling fans have stopped by hot wiring them to the battery and nothing happening.) Also flashing on the read out "power reduced", and something about the tire sensor. Once I got it back home I confirmed the engine is not seized by turning it with a socket and breaker bar on the crankshaft bolt. It has 1 stored P0606, 1 stored U0107,and 1 pending U0107. Because the security light is on, my stepson attempted while I was at work, the 2 wire snip snip bypass. Which I really didn't want šŸ˜”! This of course made no difference and since he knew I'd be upset he used blue butt connectors to put each wire back together and then closed the steering column back up. However, he left his wire snips under the hood and when I got home and found that the vehicle would do absolutely nothing I thought "dead battery", popped the hood and found the wire snips and then had words with him about cutting into any wiring harness on any vehicle.

I'm really not certain where to begin to tackle what's wrong with this thing. I recharged the battery and attempted the key relearn procedure. The security light is still on, possibly because those 2 wires aren't properly reconnected? I can solder and heat shrink them.. The cooling fans I will address after I get the thing running as they are not going to cause a no crank condition. Will the U0107 loss of communication with the throttle actuator control module cause a no crank condition?