2004 climate control, 36 pin or 24/12

wdwinder

Reaction score
Trying to help out daughter remotely. I can not inspect the car. Its a 2004 1500 4WD (base model?) 5.3L gas. Searching online I can find two versions of the module. One with 36 pin connector and one with two connectors divided 24 and 12 pins. They seem to be segregated by trim level, fuel type, a VIN T or Z and engine type L59 or LMZ. At least according to Oreilly catalog, I dont see a 2004 base model in compatibility. they are all LS, LT, LTZ or L71. Anybody know how to reliably type this without pulling out? I would like to get the right one so she can then get local labor.

TIA
Dave

wdwinder

Reaction score
I should VIN decoder shows 2004 Chevrolet Suburban with a 5.3L V8 OHV 16V FFV engine

zora

Staff member
Reaction score
If you look at a gm site such as gmpartsdirect.com there is no base, only LS, LT, and Z71.
Have you tried looking at a GM site getting the number and then going to O'Reilly?

wdwinder

Reaction score
Thanks zora. tried that route. Oreillys does not list GM P/N. But daughter is pretty sure it was two connector from previous failed attempt with bad ebay part. Found a new one on Amazon with 30 days free returns, so might just take that chance.

zora

Staff member
Reaction score
Rockauto does plus you need to know manual or auto temperature control and it's unclear which module you are asking about, there is a blower speed module also.