2003 malibu electrical problem

earnies2

Reaction score
2003 Malibu battery dies in 3 days... I have checked for parasitic draw. I disconnected the negative battery terminal and put a test light and volt meter in line. The test light was bright and I was showing almost 6 volts. I disconnected the alternator no change I than pulled fuses one at a time..the only one that made a difference was the( rdo ) battery the light was still bright but the voltage went to 2. 65 volts. Still not acceptable. I than took a picture of the fuse box and pulled all the fuses with the HPS ,HVAC BATTERY,BFC BATTERY FUSES out the light goes out till I close the door than the light gets bright and the meter shows 12 volts and there is a clicking noise that isn't coming from the radio but if I unplug the radio the clicking stops...it also stops if I unplug the RDO BATTERY and the Int lamp fuse....what am I missing im stumped. The car has 23,000 miles and no power windows just A/C and power locks. Help

zora

Staff member
Reaction score
Are you aware that parasitic draw tests are done based on milliamps?
Are you aware computer systems remain active for at least ten minutes after shutting off the car and closing the drivers door?