#13 fuse blows. 1997 Silverado 3500 dually

Malibujoel

Reaction score
Hi all.
I just picked up a 1997 Silverado 3500 dually. The cigarette lighter fuse #13 is shorting out at all times. I removed wires from lighter assembly and fuse still blows. I also notice master power door lock switch is inop as well. I pulled the drivers door panel and disconnected all switches along with the owner door lock actuator and still blows fuse. I disconnected the power door lock relay and fuse still blows. I have a circuit breaker I install at fuse that flashes a red light when fuse continues to blow. The circuit breaker comes with a device that is a meter you run on wires to help find a short. When you are close to the short the meter will peg one way or another. There is a 5 pin gray connector harness that plugs into the convenience box under the drivers side of dash that causes the meter to peg. I disconnected that 5 pin connector ad short goes away.you can see one of the connectors is a bit discolored from the heat from the short further up that harness. That connector is one of the 2 orange wires. I can follow the harness going up the dash but not sure what components are part of that harness. I am having a hard time finding a wire schematic of that 5 pin harness that goes up the dash. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited:

zora

Staff member
Reaction score
According to owners manual fuse 13 is for Power Amp, Cigarette Lighter, Door Lock Relay, Power Lumbar Seat.
For a wiring diagram, have you tried the Autozone Help section or a Hanes or Chilton manual, some public libraries have them.