05 Avalanche question

jaded13640

Reaction score
I'm told that the only difference between the 03 5.3 and the 05 5.3 is the intake manifold/fuel injection system.

If this is correct I have access to an 03 and can use the intake and injectors, fuel lines, etc from the 05.

The junk yards just say, "the computer says an 03 won't work" but it doesn't say why. I ran into the manager of the yard I typically deal with and he was saying the only difference was the intake and fuel injection system.

I've got a customer that needs a motor changed in his 05 Avalanche but I can't find an 05 engine from anywhere where I trust them. I usually will only buy an engine I can hear run and has a cooling system so I know it doesn't have a bad head gasket etc. So my search options are slightly limited.

I desperately need the work as it's been totally flat recently and I don't know why. I'm usually slammed right around now but nothing's happening.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Wayne

zora

Staff member
Reaction score
I'd be hesitant to do that unless you can get the complete engine wire harness and the computer from the 03. Even then that may created further complications. Your junk yard doesnt have connections with any kind of national lookup where another yard can ship them the correct engine? Have you ever tried www.car-parts.com