chevy forums   chevy forums

Go Back   Chevy Forums > Chevy Forums - Trucks, SUVs and Crossovers > Chevy Silverado Forum

Notices

Chevy Silverado Forum Discussions regarding the Chevrolet Silverado

Chevy Forum: Injured 2017 Silverado Z71 Build Project

Old 09-21-2017, 02:20 AM

Default Re: Injured 2017 Silverado Z71 Build Project

Got to transfer all of the front components from the damaged original door into the new door shell, all the locks, sliders, window and wiring harness etc. Everything closes like new and nothing is misaligned. Time to do the rear door.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ap8O5sscdZ4

Old 09-22-2017, 10:25 AM
Administrator

that swapping of parts to the new door looked like it was almost more time than any other step of your project. It's incredible all the small parts you have to move and how difficult it is to get your hands into the door.
Old 09-27-2017, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zora View Post
that swapping of parts to the new door looked like it was almost more time than any other step of your project. It's incredible all the small parts you have to move and how difficult it is to get your hands into the door.
its the most hated part of any car i do, its all just so tight and every car or truck has a different way of removing motors and glass etc.. gotta do rear door now!! ewwww
Old 09-28-2017, 12:05 AM

Got a chance to finally finish both front and rear door internal guts swap, what a pain!! But both doors are finally finished and installed and fit perfectly. Im so glad i didnt have to paint anything yet, fender or doors. The bed and the rocker panel will be painted, but thats something i cant go around. Getting so close! cant wait to finish and start doing upgrades!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QBOS3dVxDM

Old 10-04-2017, 06:28 AM

Finally me and my boy got a chance to install the roof airbags into the truck, i have a CHP inspection coming up, so these little pillows have to be in and no air bag light should be on to show that its safe to drive to mister officer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KN3ST0_OptM

Old 10-06-2017, 11:14 PM

I had a dirty problem with the truck about a month ago, i thought i had resolved the issue that i thought would last a big longer than it did, but sadly the bandaid lasted less than expected. So i had to tackle it once again and fix it right so it doesnt come back again, it sucks, but it is what it is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxssEgUxmZA

Old 10-07-2017, 10:59 AM
Administrator

so did it pass the CHP inspection?
if you dont mind my saying, you have a young child to consider, use a jack stand when you lift that truck.