chevy forums   chevy forums

Go Back   Chevy Forums > Chevy Forums - Trucks, SUVs and Crossovers > Chevy Equinox Forum

Notices

Chevy Equinox Forum Discussions regarding the Chevrolet Equinox

Chevy Forum: 2011 Nox LTZ 4 cyl rear end nosie

Old 01-18-2017, 12:53 PM

Default 2011 Nox LTZ 4 cyl rear end nosie

When I first start off at a slow speed I keep hearing this noise like a broken shock but its not. When I start off at a faster speed...I don't hear it. I just had new tires put on and didn't do it before. I have jack the vech up shook everything to include the shocks and everything appears to be tight...Don't have a clue....

Old 01-18-2017, 02:13 PM
Administrator

Default Re: 2011 Nox LTZ 4 cyl rear end nosie

Did you go back to the shop that did the work and ask them?
Did you check if any of the wheels have nuts that were not sufficiently tightened?
Old 01-19-2017, 12:17 PM

That was the 1st thing on my list..did find one of "NEW" tires out of round and they had to order another one and I had them check everything and they everything looks all right and they can hear the noise also but don't know where its coming from. Maybe a bushing some where...
Old 04-21-2018, 11:51 AM

I have check all over, thought I had it once when the extra tire infiltrator appeared to being rattling around, took it out. Noise stop and I gave sigh of relief. Now its doing it again..again I checked everything, spare tire to make make sure it was secure, all the places you can put stuff are now empty..still does it...It only does it at slow speeds. I'm ?
Old 04-21-2018, 03:24 PM
Administrator

did the shop check if the exhaust is hitting anything?
did the shop put the car on a lift and had someone sit in the vehicle and gradually accelerate to see if they could duplicate ther problem?
Old 04-25-2018, 11:53 AM

No they did not...I went under the SUV and check the exhaust my self and shook everything, all appear to be nice and tight...I even check the shocks all good there also.
Its a big mystery..
Thanks for the reply