chevy forums   chevy forums

Go Back   Chevy Forums > Chevy Forums - Trucks, SUVs and Crossovers > Chevy Silverado Forum

Notices

Chevy Silverado Forum Discussions regarding the Chevrolet Silverado

Chevy Forum: 2010 Silverado - Electrical/Computer problem

Old 12-08-2017, 11:19 PM

Default 2010 Silverado - Electrical/Computer problem

Yesterday when I started my truck, the Check Engine light came on, and the DIC gave the "Service Stabilitrak" warning. As I drove down the road, the instrument panel (speed & tach) were bouncing around erratically, and the transmission wouldn't shift out of 1st gear. I turned off then back on and the errors remained. I read the ODB errors and had all of the following: U0100, P069E, P0700, U0073, U0101, U0102, U0109. I reset the codes and the truck started and operated normally. I had a meeting to get to so I continued down the road hoping the issue was over.

After my meeting, I started my truck again, and it was in worse shape. This time, the instrument cluster needles all stayed at the "dead" position, I got two new warnings (Service AWD, and Service Traction Control), and the ODB reader gave a "No Link" code when I tried to read the codes (which also meant I couldn't reset the codes). I had to unplug the battery to get them to reset. It again operated properly to get me home.

I researched all the codes from above and basically it seems that 5 different computers from under the hood are not talking to each other. I'm afraid I'm getting into a pricey "Easter Egg Hunt" to find which computer to replace. Can anybody help me with where to start?

Old 12-09-2017, 02:36 PM
Administrator

Default Re: 2010 Silverado - Electrical/Computer problem

did you check whether you blew the fuse for the OBD circuit, it usually is the same circuit as the cigarette/accessory socket?
blown fuse could also accout for all those other codes.
check fuses and replace clear codes and see if anything comes back
Old 12-17-2017, 08:06 AM

I checked the fuse - it wasn't blown.

I had the error again after 4 days, and wrote down the codes this time - here's what they were:
P069E Fuel Pump Control Module error
P0700 Transmission Control System malfunction
U0073 Control Module Communications OFF
U0100 Engine / Power train Control Module (ECM/PCM) comms lost
U0101 Transmissionn Control Module comms lost
U0102 Transfer Case Control Module comms lost
U0109 Fuel Pump Control Module comms lost

The most recent one (yesterday morning) only gave 2 errors (P069E and U0073).

This is quite a slow issue, as it works fine for 4-5 days, then has one "hiccup"!
Old 12-17-2017, 10:53 AM
Administrator

there are 645 technical service bulletins issued on your year vehicle. It is guite possible one or more may have information on your problem. it could be related to a junction block and I would not start replacing parts. A dealer may be your best resource to get to the actual cause of all those codes.

Tags
electrical issue, odb, odb 2