chevy forums   chevy forums

Go Back   Chevy Forums > Chevy Forums - Trucks, SUVs and Crossovers > Chevy Blazer / Trailblazer Forum

Notices

Chevy Blazer / Trailblazer Forum Discussions regarding the Chevrolet Blazer and Trailblazer

Chevy Forum: 2005 Trailblazer Stalls while driving

Old 10-15-2017, 07:43 PM

Default 2005 Trailblazer Stalls while driving

I have a 2005 Trailblazer v6. If I use the truck each day I have no issues. If the truck sits for 4-5 days the next time I start it up it seems fine but within a few blocks of driving (1-2 minutes)the engine starts to sputter and lose power. If I take my foot off the gas it will stall. If I press the gas to the floor it still sputters and will not increase in speed or RPM and actually starts to slow down due to the sputtering, but it does not stall with the pedal to the floor. Once the truck is up to temperature just shy of 210 and runs for a few minutes at temp, all is ok. I can park it come back 4 hours later all is ok. The next day all is ok but if 4-5 days go by I have the issue again.

I thought it might be bad gas so I filled it half way with Exxon Super and a bottle of Dry gas. Did not help. Next I filled it half way with Shell Premium and a bottle of Gumout fuel injector cleaner and have the same problem. Any suggestions on what it could be??

Old 10-16-2017, 11:04 AM
Administrator

Default Re: 2005 Trailblazer Stalls while driving

do you have a check engine light on?
are you replacing the fuel filter every 25,000 miles?
Old 10-18-2017, 11:20 AM

update added info - I do not live in a wet area and actually there has been no rain for almost 2 weeks. Also the temperature has been 60 at night 75-80 degrees during the day. There are no service lights on. The milage is about 76,000 and there has been no engine work done (plugs, wires, ect) since I bought it brand new from the dealer. It has been a great truck the only issue I have ever had was with the power steering cooler which was replaced otherwise nothing else has been done on the truck besides brakes, tires and oil changes.

would a bad fuel filter really cause 5 minutes of problems after the truck sat for a few days? I would think that the fuel filter would cause stalling the entire time I drove it.
Old 10-18-2017, 11:43 AM
Administrator

so you are saying you havent done any of the suggested maintenance listed in your owners manual, never replaced the air filter or fuel filter?
any time there is an engine performance issue the first thing you look at are the basic maintenance items.
I dont have a 2005 manual to point you to but below is the 2004, look at page 6-5 on
http://www.vadengmpp.com/owners-manu...railBlazer.pdf

The other thought is related to the fuel pump. After the vehicle sits for a few days try a fuel pressure test.

Tags
stall while driving