chevy forums   chevy forums

Go Back   Chevy Forums > Chevy Forums - Cars > Chevy Cruze Forum

Chevy Cruze Forum Discussions regarding the Chevrolet Cruze

Chevy Forum: Help! I need car advise! 2011 Chevy Cruze vs. 2010 Madza 3 vs. 2010 VW Jetta?

Old 12-29-2010, 02:10 PM

Default Help! I need car advise! 2011 Chevy Cruze vs. 2010 Madza 3 vs. 2010 VW Jetta?

The features I want in a car are:
- Good on gas
- Comfort
- Worth the price

Thanks!

Old 12-29-2010, 02:11 PM

The Cruze will get the best fuel mileage (assuming you're not shopping it against a Jetta TDI). The Jetta will be the most comfortable because it's simply bigger than the Mazda 3 and rides a little smoother. The 2010 Jetta still has a more sophisticated rear suspension design (fully independant) than the Cruze does (torsion beam) too, so it should ride better than the Cruze too.

The 2011 model Jetta has a less sophisticated (i.e. cheaper) rear suspension design than the 2010 models so get the 2010 model if you care at all about that sort of thing.

As for being worth the price, it depends on how heavily you option each model. The Mazda is probably the most fun to drive of the three choices IMO but you can go option-crazy on any of the cars to make them cost enough that you could cross-shop them with a nicer car (like an Accord or Mazda 6 for example) with fewer options. If you're judicious on how you equip them you can make any of them "worth the price"....or you can make all of them more expensive than they have to be.

For example, manufacturers charge a LOT of money for built-in navigation systems and package them with a bunch of other options driving up prices. You can buy an aftermarket navigation system for the car that works just as well for far less to save some significant money if you can live without some of the other options packaged with the factory nav system etc.,

The Cruze will get the best fuel mileage (assuming you're not shopping it against a Jetta TDI). The Jetta will be the most comfortable because it's simply bigger than the Mazda 3 and rides a little smoother. The 2010 Jetta still has a more sophisticated rear suspension design (fully independant) than the Cruze does (torsion beam) too, so it should ride better than the Cruze too.

The 2011 model Jetta has a less sophisticated (i.e. cheaper) rear suspension design than the 2010 models so get the 2010 model if you care at all about that sort of thing.

As for being worth the price, it depends on how heavily you option each model. The Mazda is probably the most fun to drive of the three choices IMO but you can go option-crazy on any of the cars to make them cost enough that you could cross-shop them with a nicer car (like an Accord or Mazda 6 for example) with fewer options. If you're judicious on how you equip them you can make any of them "worth the price"....or you can make all of them more expensive than they have to be.

For example, manufacturers charge a LOT of money for built-in navigation systems and package them with a bunch of other options driving up prices. You can buy an aftermarket navigation system for the car that works just as well for far less to save some significant money if you can live without some of the other options packaged with the factory nav system etc.,