chevy forums   chevy forums

Go Back   Chevy Forums > Chevy Forums - Cars > Chevy Cruze Forum

Chevy Cruze Forum Discussions regarding the Chevrolet Cruze

Chevy Forum: Chevy Cruze vs. Ford Focus?

Old 01-21-2011, 12:30 PM

Default Chevy Cruze vs. Ford Focus?

I have just been wondering: which is all around better? The 2011 Chevy Cruze or the 2012 Ford Focus? They both seem a lot alike, but I know they aren't. Could someone please tell me the differences in their safety and technology? Thanks ahead of time!!!!!

Old 01-21-2011, 12:30 PM

Both are comparable in quality, features, fuel economy, and safety. Slightly different in design and layout.

If you are really interested, why not simply go to your local Ford and Chevy dealer. Sit in both of them. Compare the layout and features. Take both for a test ride. The seat of your pants will tell you which one performs better.

Then pick the one that YOU like best.
Old 12-16-2011, 04:00 AM

Default Re: Chevy Cruze vs. Ford Focus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caroline View Post
I have just been wondering: which is all around better? The 2011 Chevy Cruze or the 2012 Ford Focus? They both seem a lot alike, but I know they aren't. Could someone please tell me the differences in their safety and technology? Thanks ahead of time!!!!!
Hi Caroline
I would suggest you for new Chevrolet Cruze its far better then 2012 Ford Focus
and now you also have option for 2012 Chevy Cruze. In the new cruze the major changes that are anticipated in the facelifted version of this sedan includes, freshly designed fog lamps, high-up placed Chevrolet badge, sophisticated interiors with 2 tone scheme along with ample of storage space.
The very successful diesel engine will remain the same in 2012 Chevrolet Cruze but a newer 2.0 L Z-series engine can be brought to produce a peak power of 163 Bhp and 350 Nm of peak torque. Estimated price of the new Chevrolet Cruze will land near Rs. 14 lakh.

There are special features which are--

1)Quick Thinking LAN Bus - 500kbps a Microprocessor Chip-Set which connects to the Engine and Whole vehicle with fast performance and with a Safety Actions

2)Cruise Control - Controls the speed which can be set and maintain the speed in constant way and even no need to keep your leg on the accelerator.

3)Passive Entry Passive Start (PEPS) - Key-less entry with Key-less Start without any key just keeping the remote control with maintaining 1M, With a simple touch on Door handle and opens center locking, A small button appears on the left-side of the steering which Start/Stop the engine without any key a simple touch makes it more convenient to the people.

4)Emergency Exit - In the case of sudden lockup of the doors there is an emergency exit behind the rear seat which can be opened after folding the rear seat.

Last edited by vikaskumar11233; 12-17-2011 at 12:48 AM.
Old 04-10-2012, 12:21 PM

Caroline I would go with the Ford. I purchased a 2011 Cruze and loved it for almost a year. Unfortunately I just turned over 36,000 miles and the new motor and turbo will not be covered by Chevy(800 miles out of warranty). Ford has a much more reliable vehicle and backs their product better.
Old 04-26-2012, 08:58 AM
Administrator

the power train warranty is 5 years 100,000 miles
Old 12-25-2013, 07:27 AM
Banned

If you are going with reliable go with ford. Forbes has rated ford as being 90 percent at or above average for being reliable and GM got a 69 percent rating. Also the focus engines are naturally aspirated so there are less things to have to maintain on the vehicle.