chevy forums   chevy forums

Go Back   Chevy Forums > Chevy Forums - Cars > Chevy Cruze Forum

Chevy Cruze Forum Discussions regarding the Chevrolet Cruze

Chevy Forum: Problems with my Cruze

Old 04-02-2012, 08:05 PM

Default Problems with my Cruze

I am becoming increasingly concerned there is a serious problem with my Cruze and I am looking for some advice. I will start at the beginning and hopefully, this will provide some insight as to what the problem is and what questions I should ask.

Second day of owning the car, took it back to the original dealer and complained vehicle was not shifting right. I was told everything is OK.

Upon starting the car a few days later, an enormous cloud of white smoke came out of the engine. A valve in the A/C system was bad. This was replaced and A/C is working.

Body parts fell off the vehicle. These were replaced by the original dealer.

Took the vehicle back to another dealer (who has a much better service department in my opinion) and complained about transmission shifting incorrectly. I was told there are no error codes, the software is up to date and the tech could not recreate the problem.

Took the vehicle to the dealer again complaining about transmission shifting incorrectly. Software was updated and there are fewer problems.

I am only experiencing problems in stop and go traffic when the vehicle is facing downhill. Occasionally, the vehicle will rev up to 4000 rpm when taking off from a stop and the transmission will not engage. Once I release the accelerator, the car shifts into gear and runs normally. Part of the brake pedal assembly was replaced last week when the car was in.

The main reason the vehicle was taken in last week is there is a rotating grinding noise that appears to be coming from the left side of the engine. The dealer thought the problem was related to a door for the A/C system (?) and replaced those parts. The car did not make the noise Friday when I picked it up. But, I also drove home with the windows down and the radio louder than it should have probably been.

When I started the vehicle Saturday afternoon, the rotating grinding noise was back. The car goes back to the dealer on Wednesday for more diagnosing.

I purchased the vehicle in July 2011. It currently has approximately 28,000 miles on it. I am rapidly approaching 36,000 miles where the bumper to bumper coverage will end. My biggest fear is once the bumper to bumper warranty runs out, I will be stuck with a huge repair bill because the problem is not directly related to the drive train.

Does anyone have any insight at to what might be making this noise? At time the grinding is so bad, it can be felt in the steering wheel and the brake pedal.

Thanks.

Old 04-03-2012, 09:49 AM

Default Re: Problems with my Cruze

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaynv0i View Post
I am becoming increasingly concerned there is a serious problem with my Cruze and I am looking for some advice. I will start at the beginning and hopefully, this will provide some insight as to what the problem is and what questions I should ask.

Second day of owning the car, took it back to the original dealer and complained vehicle was not shifting right. I was told everything is OK.

Upon starting the car a few days later, an enormous cloud of white smoke came out of the engine. A valve in the A/C system was bad. This was replaced and A/C is working.

Body parts fell off the vehicle. These were replaced by the original dealer.

Took the vehicle back to another dealer (who has a much better service department in my opinion) and complained about transmission shifting incorrectly. I was told there are no error codes, the software is up to date and the tech could not recreate the problem.

Took the vehicle to the dealer again complaining about transmission shifting incorrectly. Software was updated and there are fewer problems.

I am only experiencing problems in stop and go traffic when the vehicle is facing downhill. Occasionally, the vehicle will rev up to 4000 rpm when taking off from a stop and the transmission will not engage. Once I release the accelerator, the car shifts into gear and runs normally. Part of the brake pedal assembly was replaced last week when the car was in.

The main reason the vehicle was taken in last week is there is a rotating grinding noise that appears to be coming from the left side of the engine. The dealer thought the problem was related to a door for the A/C system (?) and replaced those parts. The car did not make the noise Friday when I picked it up. But, I also drove home with the windows down and the radio louder than it should have probably been.

When I started the vehicle Saturday afternoon, the rotating grinding noise was back. The car goes back to the dealer on Wednesday for more diagnosing.

I purchased the vehicle in July 2011. It currently has approximately 28,000 miles on it. I am rapidly approaching 36,000 miles where the bumper to bumper coverage will end. My biggest fear is once the bumper to bumper warranty runs out, I will be stuck with a huge repair bill because the problem is not directly related to the drive train.

Does anyone have any insight at to what might be making this noise? At time the grinding is so bad, it can be felt in the steering wheel and the brake pedal.

Thanks.
jaynv0i,
Thank you for taking the time to post with your experiences and concerns. My name is Christina. Can you please private message me with your complete contact information including mailing address, VIN, current mileage, and the names of the dealers you are working with? I would like to set up a case for you with GM Customer Assistance. I look forward to your response.
Christina
GM Customer Service
Old 04-10-2012, 12:13 PM

Jayvoni, Good luck and get it done now. I have a 2011 Cruze that acted up with similar issues. The " the rotating grinding noise" happenned for a trip to the store and I recieved a check engine light. 7 miles later at the the dealership they stated the moter and turbo need replacement. I unfortunately am out of warranty by 800 miles. Chevy made these to last 36,000 miles and thats it. Hopefully yours started early enough to be covered.

To resolve this you may want to do like me, even though i Like the looks of the vehicle, I need to trade it for a Honda or something. I am starting my car hunt. I hope they take better care of you than they are with me.
Old 04-26-2012, 09:02 AM
Administrator

again the motor is covered for 5 years, 100,000 miles, look at your owners manual and call Chevy directly